James Island County Park Campground, featuring six miles of paved hiking/biking rails, beautiful scenery and more will be our home site for this event. We will be camping right in the middle of the Holiday Festival of Lights . This spectacular festival brings in the winter season with scenes of Santa’s Village, Winter Wonderland, carousels and trains. Over 3 million shimmering lights are used to create this 3 mile long festival of lights. Take a bus tour of historic downtown, a boat tour of the Charleston Harbor and a tour of Fort Sumter where the Civil War began in April of 1861. A visit to Boone Hall Plantation is planned where we will experience a working plantation which was established in 1681. A beautiful towering live oak canopy over the estate’s entry lane provides a gracious welcome to this property. New this year is a tour of the Charleston Tea Plantation, a visit to the Angel Oak and a Patriots Point Tour where you will see one of the world’s largest naval and maritime museums. Visit the USS Yorktown, the famous fighting lady of World War II along with the Destroyer Laffey from the world War II D-Day Landings. We will visit the Confederate Navy’s H. L. Hunley which is undergoing restoration and learn about its ill-fated mission. Dine at one of the Southeast’s most renowned seafood restaurants. Hyman’s Seafood House, a family owned restaurant, in historic downtown Charleston started in 1894 as a wholesale dry goods store and changed to a restaurant in 1987. Take time to visit Charleston on your own. Beautiful sandy beaches, native wildlife, marshes and forests are just some of the wonderful sites to behold in Charleston. We hope that you will join COA for this little “Taste of Charleston” and experience a week full of history, fun and fellowship not to mention meeting new friends along the way!
Your Trip Includes:
* Six nights of camping
* Welcome Orientation and catered Dinner at campground
* Bus transportation for tours
* Bus Tour of Historic Downtown Charleston
* Four Breakfasts, one boxed lunch on tour
* Dinner at famous Hyman’s Seafood House
* Boat tour of Charleston Harbor and visit to Fort Sumter
* Tour of Historic Boone Hall Plantation
* Tour of H.L Hunley Confederate submarine restoration and museum
* Tour of Charleston Tea Plantation and Angel Oak Tree
* Tour of Patriots Point
* Unlimited access to the Holiday Festival of Lights, located right in the campground.
* Free entry and parking at all Charleston County Parks and Recreation locations, including Folly Beach and Folly Pier on the Atlantic Ocean, only minutes away
* Free time to explore this great city!
* Trip Patch, fun and fellowship!
Your Trip fees:
One Unit, two people …………....$1425.00
One Unit, one person ……………$985.00
Additional Adult 12 and over….…$440.00
Registration Deadline: October 1, 2020
Limit: 25 units